Our Promise to the PlanetParkdean Resorts wants to be a force for good and we have set out an ambitious strategy which will see us caring for our parks, people and planet. Through this we will create positive change in our sector, and leave a beneficial footprint for future generations to enjoy. We are fully committed to reducing our energy consumption and waste, and have set targets to reduce CO2 by 25% and waste by 10% by 2025.
Our Action on Energy
We know that escalating energy costs and global supply issues are affecting us all, therefore, we are:
- ‘Buying ahead’ from our energy suppliers to ensure we can offer stable pricing in the short term.
- Creating a detailed supply plan to minimise disruption to the supply of gas or LPG.
- We have moved 14% of our LPG supply to BioLPG, a renewable alternative to LPG to reduce our reliance on LPG.
- We have recruited a specialist energy and utilities manager to maximise efficiency across our operations.
- Looking to the future, we are investing in developing a significant ‘Sustainable Parks’ programme to trial green initiatives that will be scaled across the whole business.
Sustainability is Everyone's Responsibility
Here are some helpful ways you can reduce your energy consumption whether you’re on park, or at home.