To truly escape from the hustle and bustle, a trip to Limefitt Holiday Park in the rural Troutbeck Valley is a must. The park is ideally situated to explore the Lake District National Park, with bus links to Windermere and Penrith too.
1. If travelling southbound on the M6, take exit at junction 37 for Kendal and Sedbergh (A684) and keep in the right lane before turning right for A684
2. At the crossroads continue onto A684 through Singleton Park Road and Ann Street
3. At the Riverside Hotel turn right onto Beezon Road then turn left onto the A6 and at the junction turn right towards Windermere (A591). Follow to the roundabout and take the third exit for Windermere A591
4. Following the A591 take the right turn onto signposted High Borrans and Moor Howe Lane
5. Follow this lane, keeping right onto Fusethwaite Lane and at the T junction turn right for Kirkstone Pass/Ullswater and Penrith (A592). Limefitt Holiday Park is on this road on the right hand side.
Other Transport Options
The nearest bus stop is just outside of park on the A592, with the Stagecoach service number 508 returning to and from Kendal, Windermere and Penrith.
The nearest train station from park is Windermere station serving Northern Railway. The station is located 2.0 miles or a 7 minute drive time from park with main lines of Oxenholme Lake District, Manchester Picadilly and Preston.
Manchester Airport is 95 miles or 1 hour 35 minutes away by car. You can fly into Manchester Airport from Dublin, Belfast, Edinburgh, Southampton, Aberdeen, Isle of Man and Exeter amongst others.