Stunning views, fantastic on-park facilities and local villages - Southerness Holiday Park has it all! Plus, you're within reasonable distance to a range of travel links, so there's more choice on how to visit us - be it plane, train, bus or car.
1. If travelling southbound on the A74 (M), take the exit at junction 15 for Dumfries, Beattock and Moffat (A701). Then, at the roundabout turn right for Dumfries (A701) and at the following roundabout take the first exit for Dumfries (A701).
2. Head through St Anne's, Amisfield and Locharbriggs and at Tinwald Downs roundabout continue on A701. At the following roundabout take the third exit for Stranraer (A77).
3. Passing Currys/PC World on your left, turn left for Dumfries (A76) at the roundabout towards Glasgow Street. Keep in the right lane before turning right to follow signs for Stranraer (A75). Look for signposted New Abbey/Solway Coast (A710) and turn left here.
4. Follow the A710 through Kirkbean before turning left signposted Southerness, where you will pass Solway Links Golf Course.
5. Continue on this road and you will shortly arrive at Southerness Holiday Park.
Other Transport Options
Upon leaving the park, you will see there is a bus stop to the left. Here, you'll find service numbers 372 and 825 by Houston Coaches offering return journeys to Sandyhills and Dumfries.
The closest train station to Southerness is Dumfries which is 16 miles away (30 minutes by car). The main lines from this station travel to Largs, Glasgow Central and Ardrossan Harbour.
Carlisle Lake District Airport is 52 miles from Southerness. This will take around 1 hour 15 minutes drive time if you're travelling by car. You can fly into Carlisle Lake District from London Southend, Belfast City and Dublin, to name a few.