Travelling 35 miles west from Glasgow, you will arrive at Wemyss Bay Holiday Park on the Clyde coast, south west Scotland. The park is just a few miles away from a train station, so you can travel from a number of different locations across the UK.
1. If travelling northbound on the M8, continue past junction 31 for Greenock onto Greenock Road (A8). Follow this road to Newark roundabout and take the second exit for Town Centre/Gibshill
2. At the following roundabout stay in the two right lanes for the A8
3. With B&Q on your left, take the second exit to continue on the A8 for Greenock. Go straight over at the roundabouts following signs and road markings for A8
4. On Rue End Street, turn left at the traffic lights with Morrisons petrol station in front of you. Continue along Baker Street to merge on Drumfrochar Road (B7054)
5. At the end of this road, take the second exit for Irvine/Largs/Wemyss Bay (A78) and continue into the Wemyss Bay area, passing the Wemyss Bay Ferry Terminal on your right. Wemyss Bay Holiday Park will soon be visible on the left hand side of this road.
Other Transport Options
There is a bus stop reachable with a 10 minute walk opposite Wemyss Bay train station. Here, you'll find a number of services offering travelg to destinations such as Androssan, Largs, Greenock and Skelmorlie.
Wemyss Bay train station is located a half mile away from park, or a 3 minute drive time. The main line from this stationgoes to Glasgow Central running every hour.
You're 25 miles from Glasgow Airport, or a 40 minutes drive if travelling by car. You can fly into Glasgow from a number of locations, all of which are listed on the airport website.