Terms and Conditions for Owners' Support Package
Amendment to the Owner Support Package made on 25 June 2020: The period that can be considered when calculating the Pitch Fee Credit, which is referenced in clause 4 of the Terms and Conditions for Owner’s Support Package, has been extended from 3 July 2020 to 12 July 2020 for holiday parks in Wales. It has not been extended for holiday parks in England and Scotland. Please note, you will not receive a Pitch Fee Credit for any part weeks that your park is closed or in respect of any period after 12 July 2020 if your holiday park is in Wales. All other terms of the Owner’s Support Package remain the same. This amendment to the Owner’s Support Package does not set a precedent in case of future or extended closures and there should be no reliance that it may or may not be given in the future.
1. As the registered owner(s) of a holiday home on one of our parks on 31 May 2020, you will be entitled to a credit towards your pitch fee for 2021 (a Pitch Fee Credit) subject to these terms and conditions (referred to as the Terms).
2. Where your pitch licence agreement is limited to a defined period of time (the period of time being referred to as Tenure), as the registered owner(s) of a holiday home on one of our parks on 31 May 2020, you will also be entitled to an extension of one (1) year to the Tenure of your pitch licence agreement (the Tenure Extension) subject to these Terms. For example, if you pitch licence agreement was due to expire on 31 December 2022, it will now expire on 31 December 2023. The other terms of your pitch licence agreement remain unchanged.
3. As the registered owner(s) of a holiday home on one of our parks on 31 May 2020, you will also be entitled to an additional 10% discount on food and drink purchases made in your on-park bars and restaurants, as well as an additional 10% discount on on-park activities, until the end of the 2021 season. This discount applies in addition to your existing owner benefits and is subject to separate terms and conditions which can be found clicking here.
4. The value of the Pitch Fee Credit will be 50% of the pitch fee you paid for each full week your park is closed to holiday home owners between 23 March 2020 and 3 July 2020 or the date on which your park reopens, whichever is earlier. The pitch fee you paid for each full week shall be calculated by taking your annual pitch fee and dividing it by fifty-two. For the avoidance of doubt, if you did not pay any pitch fee for this period you will not be entitled to any Pitch Fee Credit.
5. You will not receive a Pitch Fee Credit for any part weeks that your park is closed or in respect of any period after 5 July 2020.
6. The Pitch Fee Credit and Tenure Extension are personal to you as the registered owner(s) of the holiday home, as detailed on our systems, and cannot be transferred to any other person. For the avoidance of doubt, if you sell your holiday home privately, the buyer of the holiday home will not be entitled to receive the Pitch Fee Credit or Tenure Extension.
7. You will only be entitled to the Pitch Fee Credit where you have paid your pitch fee for 2020 or are using our direct debit scheme to pay your pitch fee for 2020 and your direct debits are up to date. This includes owners that are using our direct debit support programme.
8. The Pitch Fee Credit can only be used towards the payment of your pitch fee for 2021 and is non-exchangeable. The Pitch Fee Credit will be automatically applied to the pitch fee for 2021 and will be shown on the communication we send to you to notify you of the pitch fee for 2021.
9. Please note, whilst we will not increase pitch fees on our parks for 2021, if you are on a special offer that expires in 2020, you will be charged the standard pitch fee for your pitch and will not benefit from the expired special offer.
10. There is no cash alternative to the Pitch Fee Credit or the Tenure Extension. If the value of your Pitch Fee Credit is greater than the amount of your 2021 pitch fee, you will not receive any refund for the difference as there is no cash alternative.
11. You are only entitled to one Pitch Fee Credit per holiday home, irrespective of the number of registered owners for such holiday home.
12. If your pitch licence agreement is terminated for any reason, you will lose the benefit of the Pitch Fee Credit and the Tenure Extension. You will not be entitled to any payment or reimbursement in respect of the Pitch Fee Credit or the Tenure Extension.
13. If you have a lease for your holiday home rather than a pitch licence agreement, you will pay rent rather than a pitch fee. You will be entitled to a credit in relation to your rent on the same basis as the Pitch Fee Credit.
14. If your pitch licence agreement is not limited to a defined period of time, or you have a lease for your holiday home, you will not be entitled to the Tenure Extension or any lease extension (respectively) nor will you be entitled to any alternatives.
15. You are only entitled to the owner’s support package benefits, as detailed in and subject to these Terms, where you have received a letter from us relating to the owners’ support package.
16. These Terms are governed by English law. Both parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts, except if you are based in Scotland in which case both parties submit to the jurisdiction of either the English or Scottish courts.
17. A reference to ‘we’ or ‘us’ is a reference to the Parkdean Resorts UK Limited (CRN: 05729719) whose registered address is 2nd Floor One Gosforth Park Way, Gosforth Business Park, Newcastle Upon Tyne, NE12 8ET.