It’s the spookiest time of the year and up and down the country people are picking out their favourite Halloween costumes and putting up their most haunting decorations. Halloween is the perfect time to have some family fun and whether you’re looking for ideas on activities for toddlers or unique Halloween events near you that will excite older kids, we have plenty of recommendations to help you plan the perfect Halloween.
Halloween has been marked as a special night throughout history, with it traditionally being considered the time when the seal between the living and the dead is at its weakest. At Parkdean Resorts, we’ve already talked about some of our favourite hair-raising haunted days out, but if you’re looking for something family-friendly that won’t scare the little ones, we’ve done the hard work for you! We’ve found the best Halloween activities for you to factor into your plans post-lockdown this year.
1. Happy Halloween at Paultons Park
- Where is Paultons Park? Ower, Romsey, Hampshire, SO51 6AL
- Where can I stay nearby? Hayling Island Holiday Park is a 50 minute drive away.
- Ages: The overall park is suitable for children under the age of 14.
Appropriately dubbed as the UK’s favourite family theme park, a day out to Paultons Park has something for everyone from thrilling rollercoasters to Peppa Pig World for toddlers. Every year, Paultons host a Happy Halloween bonanza and if you’re looking for a Halloween activity for toddlers you won’t want to miss this. Described by Paultons as the “friendliest, most frightful fun fest in the UK” there’s so much to explore for the little ones. From incredible displays of over 4000 pumpkins to spooky meet and greets, with even Peppa Pig joining in on the fun, this is not to be missed!
2. Halloween at Parkdean Resorts
- Where can I stay nearby? All of our holiday parks will have spooktacular theming for Halloween and October Half Term. Please note that activities vary, so it is advisable to check with your chosen park to see what’s on.
- Ages: We have something to suit everyone.
We’ll be providing a whole host of spooky activities this October to celebrate Halloween and there’s something for the whole family to get involved in. We’ll be hosting plenty of events that are perfect if you’re looking for ways to spend Halloween with kids - the haunting Monster Ball is the perfect place for the little ones to put on their scariest outfits and take a picture at the selfie station. The Halloween pottery and crafts sessions are also great for toddlers to have fun and unleash their creativity.
Psst - If you’re planning a visit to one of our holiday parks in Cornwall, don’t miss the golden sands of Holywell Bay. For those who are keen fans of the magical fantasy programme Cursed on Netflix, you might recognise the beach at Holywell Bay with the imposing Gull Rocks in the background as the location for dramatic scenes from the final episode. Why not grab your best magical gowns and pretend you’ve been transported to a different world?
3. Halloween at National Showcaves Centre, Wales
- Where is the National Showcaves Centre? Abercraf, Swansea, SA9 1GJ
- Where can I stay nearby? Trecco Bay Holiday Park is a 55 minute drive away.
- Ages: Small children might find this frightening.
Every year as Halloween season rolls around, lots of ghosts and ghouls head to the National Showcaves Centre for Wales and rest deep underground in the uniquely chilling setting of the Dan Yr Ogof Cave. The Showcaves are the perfect Halloween activity in Wales for older kids and adults - from the echoes of terrifying ghosts and ghouls to the witches flying through the passageways, every detail makes this already spooky attraction even more spine-tingling.
There’s also a Dinosaur Park and museum to enjoy all year round and if you’re visiting with young children, don’t miss Mr Morgan’s Victorian Farm where they can delight at the adorable llamas, goats, chipmunks and so much more.
4. Halloween at Muncaster Castle
- Where is Muncaster Castle? Ravenglass, Cumbria, CA18 1RQ
- Where can I stay nearby? Visit Muncaster on your way to our parks in the Lake District.
- Ages: Recommended age varies by activity. The Castle Tour is most suitable for children over 5.
There are some spooky goings on at haunted Muncaster Castle around Halloween and this already eerie structure will be packed with Halloween entertainment for toddlers, kids and adults. If you dare to embark on an evening tour of the castle, you can see for yourself why it has been rumoured throughout history to be haunted. The Scary Maze is a great Halloween activity to get lost in with a few surprises along the way. For the little ones, the Ghostly Grotto is packed with spooky crafts, fun activities, ghoulish face-painting and so much more. If you’re looking for Halloween activities to enjoy with kids, this is the perfect place to visit.
5. Halloween at BeWILDerwood
- Where is BeWILDerwood? Horning Road, Hoveton, Norwich, NR12 8JW
- Where can I stay nearby?Both Summerfields and California Cliffs Holiday Park are just over a 25 minute drive from BeWILDerwood.
- Ages:Suitable for children up to the age of 12.
You’re guaranteed to have a magical day out visiting BeWILDerwood on any day of the year, but the annual Glorious Glowing Lantern Parade is an experience you’ll never forget. Perfect for those looking for a Halloween activity for toddlers or young children with just the right amount of spooky, the atmospheric fairy tale woods will be lit up after dark along with plenty of frightful decorations. The park is also filled with activities to enjoy during the daytime including exploring the enchanted woodland, den building, and getting lost in the incredible sky maze.
This year at Parkdean Resorts we’ll be hosting endless fun throughout October, so don’t miss out on our Halloween themed breaks!