By Parkdean Resorts on 27/01/2023
A self-catering holiday in Cornwall is the ideal way to immerse yourself in the best that the local culture and environment of the Cornish coast has to offer. It allows you to set your own holiday timetable, with no designated meal times, whilst enjoying the spacious benefits of your accommodation. What’s more, if you’re travelling on a budget, opting for a self-catering break can be an incredibly economical way to get away.
At Parkdean Resorts, we offer a wide range of self-catering holidays, including dog-friendly self-catering holidays in Cornwall. With so many accommodation options available, it can be challenging knowing where to start when choosing the perfect self-catering holiday to suit your wants and desires. With this in mind, we’ve put together a guide to some of our favourite accommodation options in Cornwall. They include caravans, lodges, glamping sites, and chalets, which are great for both long vacations and short staycations. If you want to learn more about our self-catering holidays, read on to discover more.
What is a self-catering holiday?
So before we begin, what is self-catering accommodation? Our self-catering caravans, chalets and lodges in Cornwall have all the facilities you’ll need to cater for yourself while you’re away. Facilities included can range from simple kitchenettes to complete kitchens, filled with all of the essentials you need to ensure a comfortable and convenient stay. Self-catering holidays essentially mean that meals won’t be provided as part of your stay.
It is a good idea to plan and take some supplies with you when you go on a self-catering holiday. This will help to save both time and money whilst you are away. Ensure you remember key items you might need to help prepare meals and make your stay easier.
Items you might consider packing with you include:
- Cooking oil
- Salt, pepper, and sugar
- Tea and coffee
- Canned foods for a quick meal
- Tea towels and kitchen roll
- Washing up liquid
- Kitchen foil or cling film
- Washing powder (if your caravan or lodge features a washing machine)
- A couple of rolls of extra toilet paper
Don’t worry if you forget to pack something, all of our holiday parks in Cornwall have a handy convenience store on-site, selling all of the essentials and more.
The main benefits of self-catering
- Self-catering holidays allow you the freedom and flexibility to enjoy and connect with the local culture and environment at your own pace, under your own preferred timetable, with no set meal times
- If you or your friends, family members or children have dietary requirements, opting for self-catering allows you to cook whatever meals suit you best
- Self-catering allows you to prepare packed lunches for your little ones in preparation for when hunger strikes. It’s a great way to save money on day trips
- Self-catering offers excellent value for money. Eating out every night can quickly eat into your spending money. By cooking your own meals allows you to shop for your own ingredients and preferences within your own budget
- Self-catering accommodation is often a lot more spacious, so it’s ideal if you are travelling with large groups and family or friends
- Of course cooking for yourself isn’t compulsory and you have the freedom to dine out if and when you want to. You’ll find a great range of affordable meals, including great offers for family dining at our on-park restaurants and takeaways
Does self-catering have any drawbacks?
While self-catering comes with lots of great benefits, it’s not for everyone. If you’ve got the budget and want to completely switch-off on holiday, you can still dine out to your heart’s content. You’ll find amazing restaurants dotted all over Cornwall, serving up some of Britain’s best local produce and seafood.
Some things to think about if you’re not sure whether self-catering is the right choice for you:
- You might need to bring a few extra essentials along to wash up and clean up after cooking
- If you’re camping, you’ll also need to bring your own utensils and cooking equipment
- Unlike some hotels, caravans and lodges don’t offer a daily housekeeping service, so it’s worth bringing along some extra items like towels and toilet roll if you’re staying for more than a few days. Don’t forget, our parks also have an on-site laundrette, so you can always do a wash if you’d prefer to pack light
Self-catering Cornwall locations
Find your perfect getaway with a holiday in Cornwall. Cornwall has a vast number of self-catering options to choose from in an array of different locations throughout the Cornish coast. Explore the best of what the stunning regions of the North Cornwall and South Cornwall coast have to offer. Soak up the glorious sunshine on a sun lounger, enjoy a slow meander along the shore and savour endless picturesque sea views from one of the 300 beaches in Cornwall. Whether you’re planning your next big family holiday, a group trip or a romantic getaway, there's something for everyone to enjoy on the Cornish coast. You’ll find a huge range of great attractions, including The Eden Project and Newquay Zoo, to visit when on holiday in Cornwall self-catering. Explore our full selection of Cornwall locations today.
Cornwall offers some of the most beautiful waterfronts, towns and villages in the UK. Parkdean Resorts’ accommodation in Cornwall allows you to enjoy golden sands, bobbing sailboats, picturesque fishing villages, rocky alcoves, and more.
Holywell Bay Holiday Park
Nestled in the peaceful Ellenglaze Valley, Holywell Bay Holiday Park is just a short stroll from one of the region’s most iconic beaches. With an on-site surf school and outdoor swimming pool with a giant waterslide, keeping active is easy. Plus you’re just a short drive away from lively Newquay and some of the region’s top attractions.
Lizard Point Holiday Park
Set in the Cornish countryside, just minutes from the shore, the lively caravan site of Lizard Point Holiday Park is perfect for discovering nearby beaches, fishing villages, and the iconic azure waters from ‘Kynance Cove’. On park you’ll find a huge range of activities from high ropes to off road aventure buggies.
Newquay Holiday Park
Surf, sea and swim on one of the 11 iconic beaches that Newquay has to offer, when staying at the Newquay Holiday Park. Whether you want to kick back and enjoy the laid back vibe on the shores of Newquay - just a few minutes’ drive away - or hang out on park by the outdoor pool, Newquay is an ideal location for couples, groups and families.
Sea Acres Holiday Park
Sea Acres is an idyllic, tranquil, and dog-friendly spot - enjoy the iconic views that this stunning cliff-top location offers. From peaceful beach days to adventurous scuba diving, there is plenty to enjoy during your stay at the Sea Acres Holiday Park.
Crantock Beach Holiday Park
Cornwall beach holidays don’t get much better than a visit to Crantock Beach Holiday Park. Just a five minute walk from the beach, during your stay at Crantock Beach you can enjoy all that the park has to offer, as well as the stunning Southwest Coast Path and the picturesque village of Crantock.
Countryside self-catering holidays in the UK, are an idyllic way to be at one with nature, indulging in peaceful mornings surrounded by rolling hills, scenic walks, and nature trails. Explore more about our countryside parks in Cornwall below.
White Acres Holiday Park
Relish an action-packed family-friendly and scenic break in 184 acres of rolling countryside at the White Acres Holiday Park. Surrounded by 13 of Cornwall's finest fishing lakes, White Acres is the perfect location for a luxury lodge break.
Looe Bay Holiday Park
Set inland, just up the road from the charming harbour town of Looe, Looe Bay Holiday Park offers the best of both worlds. With peaceful countryside surroundings, you’re only a 10 minute drive from bustling Looe and it’s brilliant beach.
St Minver Holiday Park
Set in the grounds of an old manor house, St Minver Holiday Park in Rock, is a sought-after, enchanting woodland location, ideal for your next staycation. While you’re there, explore the idyllic fishing ports, nearby villages and 3 glorious beaches that St Minver, Cornwall has to offer.
Self-catering accommodation types
Here at Parkdean Resorts, we offer a wide range of self-catering accommodation to suit family getaways, group trips, couple staycation and solo trips, including dog-friendly accommodation in Cornwall. Pitch up a tent at one of our self catering camping locations, indulge in a touch of opulence in one of our glamping pods, or enjoy a group break at one of our luxury lodges. Read on to discover more.
Self-catering caravan holidays in the UK are a great way to explore some of the best holiday destinations. With 66 caravan sites across the England, Scotland and Wales, there’s a caravan park sure to suit all of your wants and needs. Whether you’re heading on a family, couple or solo holiday, Parkdean Resorts offer both value and luxury models that sleep up to eight people. Explore all that the Cornish coast has to offer, from family attractions to beaches and scenic walks.
The benefits of a caravan holiday include:
- Caravan parks are very social and a great chance to meet people
- They are an affordable holiday choice for larger families - check out our cheapest holiday offers
- They offer a great opportunity to be at one with nature and experience the true beauty of Cornwall
Parkdean Resorts offer a wide range of self-catering lodges at 32 of our holiday parks, across 12 stunning regions of the UK. Indulge in a luxury lodge with a hot tub in a peaceful woodland setting or take in the sea air as you dine al fresco in a self catering lodge with a sea view. Perfect for a romantic couple retreat, rejuvenating solo visit, or family or group holiday.
- Parkdean Resorts lodges offer beautiful surroundings in some of the most idyllic locations in Cornwall
- Our lodges are both spacious and private
- Many of our lodges offer extra features, such as full-sized beds, verandas, dish washers and mod cons
Touring & camping
Pitch up and get ready for adventure with one of Parkdean Resorts camping holidays. Touring and camping pitches are available at 2 of our Cornish holiday parks. Whether you’re bringing your own campervan or motorhome to park up and enjoy the entertainment or pitching up a tent to kickstart your family holiday, both of our park campsites set you up for an action-packed camping escapade.
- Camping offers exceptional value, making it a great option if you’re on a budget
- Get closer to the outdoors and soak up the natural surroundings
- You’ll find excellent facilities on park including clean shower and toilet blocks as well as washing up stations
Reconnect with nature in style with our ultra-modern self-catering glamping tents. Glamping holidays allow you to blend a touch of outdoor adventure with the classic home comforts that you desire on your self-catering holiday, in an easy, comfortable and stress-free way. There’s no need to leave your four-legged friends behind too, as Parkdean offers a variety of dog-friendly camping and glamping sites.
- Glamping allows you to pack light because all of the camping essentials are included in your stay
- You won’t need to assemble your own tent
- Glamping offers a uniquely stylish and memorable stay
At Parkdean Resorts, we also offer chalet accommodation at 3 of our Cornwall parks, including Lizard Point, St Minver and Holywell Bay. They’re an ideal choice if you’re looking for a home-from-home style stay, with more space and fully equipped kitchens.
- A chalet is the perfect way to indulge in a home away from home experience
- They’re a great choice if you’re looking for a little more privacy
Favourite self-catering accommodation features
Whether you choose a caravan, lodge, glamping tent or chalet, you can look forward to great features, including:
- Over and hob
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses, pots and pans, bake ware, and cooking utensils
- Dining area
- Washing machine (selected accommodation)
- Private bathroom
On your next visit to Cornwall consider trying out one of Parkdean Resorts’ self-catering accommodation to help you explore the best of what the Cornish coast has to offer with an agenda and budget that suits you best.
Don’t forget to sign up to our mailing list to be the first to hear about great discounts and offers - so you can book a bargain on your next Parkdean Resorts break.