We're searching for a Minecraft pro to design our next holiday park
Handy with a pickaxe? Experienced Minecraft builder? A professional creeper assassin? We need YOU!
Here at Parkdean Resorts, we’re on the hunt for Britain’s next best Minecraft builder to help us reinvent the traditional British holiday park. Do you know your obsidian from your diamond? Then you, or your child, could be the one we’re looking for. We’re looking for someone brimming with creativity and an imagination wild enough to help create the future of holiday parks.
What’s in it for me?
Not only will you hold ultimate bragging rights and a long-lasting Minecraft legacy as you help to inspire the next best holiday parks, but there's also a cool £500 prize up for grabs, plenty to save for your next Parkdean Resorts holiday. You may also one day be able to see your own creation brought to life at one of our parks, whether you design the world’s longest slide or a caravan made entirely of flowers, we’d love to bring it to life!
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for someone to help enhance our parks by designing a new and exciting feature on-park, using Minecraft. Let your imagination run wild, from skyscraping roller coasters to adrenaline pumping water slides, we want to see your biggest and best Minecraft creations!
Why not put all those hours of playing video games to good use and win some cash along the way?
Sound tempting? Here’s what it’s going to take.
- A brave warrior to fight off any lurking Creepers
- In-depth knowledge of which materials will be most suitable
- Impressive creativity skills
- An eye for detail within designing
Entrants must be 18 or over (if you're under 18, your parent or legal guardian can enter on your behalf) and currently living in the UK. A working knowledge of Minecraft will be beneficial, as will a strong internet connection and available time to create an entry for the competition.
We’re looking for new ways to spruce up our holiday parks to make sure that your next Parkdean Resorts holiday is just right. With the help of the British public's imagination, we want to revolutionise our future parks and find out how to make our holidays the best in the business.
In 2020, we upgraded four of our parks to feature new exciting activities, but we didn't stop there! So far in 2021 we have enhanced three more parks to include a wide variety of impressive activities for all the family to enjoy. Get exploring in our new Virtual Reality Experience at Cayton Bay, or practice those Minecraft skills in Trecco Bay’s fantastic new Next Level Gaming Arena.
I’m in! What do I have to do?
All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning £500 is to create a new idea that you envision sitting on a holiday park, whether it’s a pool, a caravan or something entirely different.
To enter the Minecraft competition you must:
- Build a wildly imaginative creation for one of our holiday parks using Minecraft. This can be as big or as small as you like, as long as it’s fun!
- Upload a picture (screenshot) of your creation to our website via the form below and write a short description of what you’ve created and why you think it will make a great new addition to our parks
- Sit back and keep your fingers crossed! We’ll be in touch with the winner by 28th May.
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Apply now using our competition entry form below. Entries must be in by 23rd May, so don’t waste time and get your entry filled in.
If we’re impressed enough by your Minecraft design we’ll be in touch by 28th May to reward you for your hard work!
The Minecraft Competition is Now Closed
Thank you to everyone who entered!
Minecraft Competition Terms
- ACCEPTANCE: By entering this competition, you agree you have read and accept these terms and conditions. We reserve the right to verify any entries and winners and may refuse to award prizes where we have reasonable grounds to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions. You can access these terms and conditions at any time during the competition at www.parkdeanresorts.co.uk/holidays/caravans/minecraft-competition/. We suggest that you keep a copy of these terms for your own records.
- ELIGIBILITY: You may enter this competition if you are a resident of the UK and are 18 years old or above at the time of entry. Alternatively, parents or legal guardians may also enter on behalf of their child if under 18. We reserve the right to ask for proof of your age. You are not eligible to enter this competition if you, or a member of your immediate family (which means parents, children, siblings, spouse and life partners), are an employee, contractor or subcontractor of Parkdean Resorts or any of their advertising or promotion agencies. You promise that all the personal information you provide to Parkdean Resorts in connection with this competition shall be complete and accurate.
- HOW TO ENTER: You can enter the competition by:
a. Completing the entry form at www.parkdeanresorts.co.uk/holidays/caravans/minecraft-competition/; you will be asked to submit a photo of your creation from Minecraft and a short description of your creation
b. Confirming via the consent box on the entry form that you are happy for your entry to be shared on Parkdean Resorts’s social channels;
There is no charge to enter the competition, however, standard mobile data and internet connection charges may apply.
You acknowledge that the competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter / Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Mojang or Twitch.
- INVALID ENTRIES: We only permit one entry per person. Any subsequent new entries will be void. Any entry made or attempted to be made to the competition in a manner which in our reasonable opinion is contrary to these terms and conditions or by its nature unfair to other participants will be invalid and may result in your disqualification from the competition. Examples of entries or behaviour which are not allowed include fraudulent entries, bulk entries, automated entries, entries made on behalf of another person unless their parent or guardian, cheating (including a person participating in the competition on your behalf), hacking, deception, submitting an entry which is not wholly original to you or which infringes the copyright or any other rights of any third party, use of robots or other automated programmes, or if your entry does not comply with the requirements set out in paragraph 3 above. We will not accept illegible or incomplete entries.
- STARTING AND CLOSING DATES: You can only enter the competition between 00:01 on 19/04/2021 and 23:59 on 23/05/2021. Entries made outside of these periods will not be entered into the competition (“Competition Period”)
- WINNER SELECTION: A winner will be selected by a judging panel comprising of judges from Parkdean Resorts. The winner will be selected from all eligible entries based on the following criteria:
a. Creativity of creation
b. Skill of structure created
c. Imagination of description
We will notify the winner by email on 28th May 2021. The winner must confirm their prize within 48 hours from notification or an alternative winner will be selected using the method described above. We may ask the potential winner to submit valid identification before we invite you to progress.
- PRIZE: the overall winner will receive:
a. A one-off payment of £500
Prizes are not transferable.
The overall winner will be notified and sent the payment by 28th May 2021.
- OWNERSHIP OF YOUR ENTRY: By entering the competition, you agree that Parkdean Resorts (including our group and affiliate companies) may edit, publish and use your entry if you win, in any and all media (including print and online) for promotion and news purposes, both during and after the competition, without any payment to you. Parkdean Resorts retains all rights to its own intellectual property.
- LIST OF WINNERS: You may request the last name and county of the winner by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Minecraft competition, Parkdean Resorts, 2nd Floor, One Gosforth Park Way, Gosforth Business Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8ET. If you are a winner, we will disclose your last name and the county you live in to anyone who requests this information, unless you notify when you claim your prize that you do not want us to disclose this information.
- FINAL DECISION: Our decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding the selection of the winner of this competition.
- CONSENT TO USE NAME AND IMAGE: We may require the competition winner to participate in publicity or advertising. By entering this competition, you agree that we may use your name and/or image for these purposes and that you will not be paid.
- OUR LIABILITY TO YOU: We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or that of our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude liability for fraud by us or our employees or agents. For any other loss or damage, we will only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of our negligence or breach of these terms and conditions, up to a maximum of £100. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of you entering this competition.
- WHAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE FOR: We are not responsible for:
a. losses not caused by our breach or negligence
b. indirect losses – these are losses which are a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and us at the time of you entering this competition
c. entries lost, delayed, damaged or corrupted where such loss, delay, damage or corruption is caused by events outside of our reasonable control
d. technical failures or errors affecting communication lines, website availability or systems errors where these are not within our reasonable control, or
e. any failure to provide the competition, the prize(s) or to meet any of our obligations under these terms and conditions where that failure arise because of events outside of our reasonable control, including due to the COVID pandemic.
- LIABILITY OF THIRD PARTIES: You acknowledge that the prize may be fulfilled by a third party not related to Parkdean Resorts. We are not responsible for the performance of any third party involved in this competition or the provision of the prizes and will not be liable for any act or omission of a third party, although we will endeavour to minimise the effect to you of any third party's failure. Third party terms may apply to prizes details of which can be provided upon request.
- DISPUTES: If you wish to take court proceedings against Parkdean Resorts you must do so within the United Kingdom. The law of the part of the United Kingdom of which you are a resident shall apply, for example, if you live in England the laws of England shall apply and if you live in Scotland the laws of Scotland shall apply.
- DETAILS OF PROMOTER: This competition is run by Parkdean Resorts a company registered in England and Wales. Our registered address is 2nd Floor, One Gosforth Park Way, Gosforth Business Park, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8ET. References to “we” and “us” in these terms and conditions are references to Parkdean Resorts.