With stunning countryside views and the Isle of Wight's best beaches on your doorstep, you get the best of both worlds at Lower Hyde Holiday Park. Shanklin train station and bus stop is just a few minutes away, with a range transport links to explore all the region has to offer.
1. If travelling from Portsmouth to Fishbourne with the Wightlink ferry, turn right out of the terminal onto Fishbourne lane B3731 then turn left onto Elenors Grove A3054
2. At the mini roundabout turn right onto Newnham Road, then turn left signposted Newchurch/Mersley Down and take immediate right for Rowlands Lane
3. At the end of Rowlands Lane turn left onto the Downs Road taking the next available right turn to Knighton Shute/Lane
4. At the end of Winford Road turn left onto the A3056, take the third exit at the roundabout, continue along this road, passing Landguard Holiday Park is on your right.
5. Continue down Landguard Manor Road passing Lidl, Lower Hyde Holiday Park is on your right.
Other Transport Options
The nearest bus stop is located at Shanklin Railway Station, less than half a mile away from park with the number 3 and 22 bus service running to Newport, Ryde and Shanklin Esplanade.
Shanklin station is just 0.4 miles from Lower Hyde, or a 3 minute drive. Main lines from this station include Ryde Pier Head and Ryde St Johns Road.
Whilst there are no direct commercial flights available, the Isle of Wight is still easily accessible by several of the UK's main airports.
If travelling to the Isle by air, the closest airports include the major London airports of Gatwick and Heathrow, or for a shorter connection time, travel via the regional airports of Southampton and Bournemouth.