What do I need to show when I check in?
To assist with social distancing measures, we’re operating a ‘hands-free’ check-in for holidaymakers visiting our parks, which means you won't need to bring anything to show when you check in.
- We’ll ask you to check in online before you arrive and ensure your party details are up to date.
- Ahead of your arrival, we’ll send you an email about our contactless check-in process and your allocated arrival time. We'll also send you the location of your accommodation and a map of the park.
- We’ll leave your welcome pack and maps in your accommodation, including any Wi-Fi codes (where available). That means you can head straight to your caravan, lodge or glamping tent or pod on arrival.
- Where possible, we’ll be offering a drive-through style check-in, with a traffic marshall to direct you to your accommodation or answer queries should you need assistance. For touring and camping guests – you will be able to collect your welcome pack from the traffic marshall.
- We’ll be ready to respond to any questions during your stay with our handy SMS text service, available during your park's opening hours detailed in your welcome pack.